Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Wifey Status



So last night I decided to put my new "wife" skills to good use and do some baking. After work I went to the grocery store and got stuff to make banana nut muffins for breakfast the next day. I also thought I'd take my co-workers something to say "thank you" for taking care of all my clients while I was gone for the wedding and our honeymoon, so I got stuff to make pumpkin chocolate chip cookies too! When I got home I found out that at the car wash that Jase's dad owns in Hurricane, one of the customers was pulling out of the tunnel and instead of hitting her breaks,  hit the gas pedal and ran through the pay booth and also hit one of the workers. She hit him and he went through the brick wall, pinning him between the car and the building behind the wall. Miraculously, he is in a lot better shape then anyone thought and ended up with no broken bones...just a lot of stitches.  But I thought we would make a plate of cookies to take to him today as well to let him know we are thinking of him. So last night I spent my time baking yummy treats and not going to lie,  it smelled AMAZING in the kitchen.

Peanut Butter Banana Nut Muffins

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies


So far they have been a huge hit! Jase texted me this morning once I was at work saying "I love those muffins :) they're  bomb" and everyone at worked loved the cookies.

Okay, fine. So what if the muffins were made from a $1.00 mix that you just add water too....and the cookies are made from 3 ingredients. It's the thought that counts right??

Just add 1/2 cup of water and I even added some peanut butter chips to the mix

EASIEST recipe ever!!

For those of you who haven't tried to make pumpking choc. chip cookies this way....you NEED to! It is so easy and the cookies turn out SO moist and delicious! Here's the recipe:

INGREDIENTS:

1 (15 ounce) can solid pack pumpkin (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
1 (18 ounce) box spice cake mix
1 (12 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips or 1 (12 ounce) package milk chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS:

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together pumpkin and spice cake until well blended. Add chocolate chips to mix. Drop cookies on greased baking sheet. Bake for 15-18 minutes.


So far I'm loving this "wife" stuff (;

P.S. Be prepared for lots of posts about our wedding and honeymoon coming soon to our blog...I can't wait to share pictures and thoughts from the last couple of weeks (:

3 comments:

  1. Did you combine the cake mix as directed on the box, or do you just use the powder mix right out of the box?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you just use the cake powder and combine it with the pumpkin! No need for the ingredients the box calls for (: Super easy! ENJOY!

      Delete