Friday, September 19, 2014

Arizona Adventures

About a month ago we were able to go spend a week with my side of the family in Arizona. I think the last time we took a family getaway was summer 2009 when we went on a four wheeling trip in Richfield area (we ended that trip in St. George for Jase's mission farewell). Anyways, I think it's safe to say that it was definitely time for The Campbell side to all get together and go away.

We ended up going to a resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. Shay, Nixon, Brooks and I all headed down Friday afternoon....My parents and Ryan flew down Friday afternoon...and Nick and Jase drove down LATE Friday night. Surprisingly the drive down was a BREEZE! The kids slept a good chunk of the drive, we stopped ONCE in Flagstaff (SUCH A BEAUTIFUL TOWN) to eat and get gas...and then 2 hours later we were in Scottsdale!

Saturday was "recovery" day. Jase and Nick (mainly Jase) slept a bunch since they got there around 3 am, and every else headed to the pool to relax and get some sun. That night we headed to some family friends that used to be in my parents ward (The Jensen's) for some swimming and a BBQ. They live in Gilbert, just right down the road from the Gilbert temple, so we stopped by on the way out. It was seriously beautiful!!!




Sunday we went to Wet 'n' Wild in Phoenix. What a fun waterpark! It was HOT out but luckily they have misters and coverings over the lines most the time. We had a blast!! The new Phoenix temple that is being built was again right down the street so we drove by that afterwards. It's ALMOST finished and it too was so pretty!! We stopped at McDonald's for an ice cream cone, went back to the resort and then headed to PF Changs for dinner.




Monday we headed out to Sauguaro Lake where Preston Jensen took us boating. We hung out on the beach for a bit and did some wakeboarding. The water was SO SO warm...it really felt like you were stepping into a warm bathtub. After boating we picked up some Chick-fil-a, went home and rested...made the yummiest Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos and then went to the pool to hot tub.


Nixon was so sad that he wasn't on the boat this time.
 
Brooks didn't care, he was just happy to be sleeping
Tuesday was the day (unfortunately) that the boys had to leave. Nick and Jase were headed back for work. BOO! We sure enjoyed having them there while they could though! Before they left we went to the McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park and took Nixon on a train raid and carousel ride. HE WAS IN HEAVEN! That boy is obsessed with "choo-choo's". It started to DOWN POUR so we left a little earlier than anticipated and went to California Pizza Kitchen for some food. The streets were flooding and it was just crazy outside so Nick and Jase decided they better leave a little earlier...stupid rain.  My mom, Shaylee, Ryan and I went and did some shopping later that day while my dad stayed home with N and B.



Wednesday we got up and spent the morning at the pool. Our family even won the "poolside game" of "Name That Song". Wahoo! Go Campbells! Jamburrito food truck was out from of the resort so we grabbed some food there for lunch. A little later me, Ryan and my parents went to Ocutane Raceway to do drive some go-karts. Ryan won everytime...dad 2nd..me 3rd...mom 4th. It was pretty dang fun! Shay stayed home with the little babes while they took naps! Later than night we cleaned up and headed to Old Town Scottsdale to look around. Dad stayed with the kids while the rest of us went to a couple little shops and got a treat at the Sugar Bowl. Seriously such a cute little diner/ice cream parlor!








Fully aware I look like a sister missionary in this picture


Brooks hanging out with me in bed while I did some work, he just stared at me like this forever
 Thursday we just took it easy. For lunch we went to a Mongolian restuarant where we had PLENTY of food! I was so unbelievably full after. We did some shopping after that and then I think we stayed in for rest of the evening.

Friday we got up and finished packing and then got on the road about 10:30. I wish I could say that the drive home was as easy as the drive there was. This time we had to stop approx. 5 times for Nixon to go potty on the side of the road. Good thing I love that little guy so much because we were in a rush to get home so I could make it for Jase's little brothers first football game. Literally we pulled up to our house 10 minutes before we needed to leave, so I hurry and threw my hair up and changed clothes so we could go.

It was SUCH a fun week and I'm so grateful for the time I got to spend with all my family. It doesn't happen often enough so I took full advantage of every minute! I'm thankful for the memories we made this trip, I have such a great family! (:

No comments:

Post a Comment