Sunday, September 13, 2015

Life of a Summer Sales Wife

Warning: A whole lot of rambling on this post, I had so much to say about this but couldn't really make sense of everything on my mind....plus I'm SO behind on blogging so I'm trying to hurry and get caught up which means I'm not spending time "proofreading". So bare with me...


I have to admit that never (and I mean NEVER) did I ever think I would be one of those "summer sales wive's".  It was never in Jase and I's "plan".  Jase's brother has done sales for a couple years now and it was always something that got brought up but it was never something we considered. It just wasn't right for us at the time. But this year Jordan was pushing it more than ever on Jase, he did not stop talking to him about it while we were in Panama this March and that's when Jase started to wonder if he should at least give it a shot.

The weekend after we returned from Panama, I headed up north to celebrate my nephews birthday while Jase stayed back to work. While I was gone Jase met with his potential manager and they talked about what Vivint had to offer. I wasn't aware that they were going to meet but he called me afterwards and told me he had and I knew immediately without him coming out and saying it that we were going to be taking this new journey. He said that he worked something out so that I could stay here and keep my job but I would be able to come out and visit him up to 9 times.

After that phone call we didn't really talk about the situation very much, it was kind of the elephant in the room. It was just easier to not talk about it because if I thought about it too much I would just cry knowing that we were going to be living in different states all summer. NOT IDEAL. There was a lot Jase had to get done in a very short amount of time so that he could go out and sell. Most importantly he needed to take a test and only had one chance to pass before the season started, otherwise we wouldn't actually be taking on this new journey. Everything was so last minute with this whole situation so it was kind of crazy around here during this time. Jase had ZERO time to study for this test so I was a nervous wreck. Deep down I knew we were making the right decision but I really needed something to confirm those feelings so I prayed and prayed that if this was the right thing to do, that Jase would be able to pass this test (because honestly it was kind of a long shot). Well obviously we know by now that he passed...by one point. PHEW! Once he got his test results back it all became so real. It was pretty overwhelming knowing that in a couple weeks he would be leaving. I called my family and let them know what was going on and I just cried on the phone. Happy and sad tears. They supported our decision and told me they would come visit lots. After a few days went by of again not talking about it, I finally broke down and told Jase that we had to talk about this even though we both didn't want to. He knew I was struggling so he took me on a drive and just let me cry. He was the biggest sweetheart and knew exactly how to comfort me that night to make me feel better about the situation. I wasn't necessarily scared, I knew he would be okay and that he would do great, I knew WE would be okay, but I was just so sad that we were going to miss out on so many things this summer. But he put everything into perspective and my eyes finally dried up and I was ready to take this on. So we booked his flight for April 20th and we got him ready to head out to Tennessee. What a bittersweet day it was to watch him leave that day. I almost felt like I was sending him on another mission.

And now here we are on week 22 of Jase being gone which means we are on our last week and I couldn't be more excited. His last day is this Saturday and then he will make the LONG drive home from Clarksville, TN. That will be a good, good day when he pulls up to our cute little home. We have missed him here a whole lot.

This summer hasn't exactly been easy but it hasn't been hard either. Jase was super good at making sure he made time to text and call me each day. He always made me feel missed and made sure to check that I was doing okay. It was kind of fun because in a way it felt like we were in our "dating" stage again. I would get so giddy to see him each time I went out there. BUT let's be real....I'm more than ready to get back to "married" life where I see him everyday, get to cook for him, clean for him, etc. I've missed him hogging the bed covers, leaving every drawer or cupboard open, and most importantly...TAKING THE TRASH OUT (;

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just want to give a huge shoutout to some people. We couldn't have gotten through this summer without the support from all our amazing family and friends. You guys helped play a role in making this summer a good experience.

So, thank you to my family for coming and visiting when I asked you to so that I didn't go crazy from being home alone all of the time. For understanding that I would be traveling a lot to see Jase which meant that might not have been able to visit you as often as I would normally like to. You guys are everything!!

Thank you to Jase's family for always inviting me over for dinner and to hang out. For helping keep the yard up and helping with Swoon. I married into one amazing family and I am so grateful for your kindess and love you show me.

Thank you to my work for understanding this unusual circumstance and allowing me to travel to see Jase. For trusting me to keep up with my work load while being away.

Thank you Jordan for pushing Jase to take advantage of what Vivint had to offer. For helping him become a good salesman and being his support system out there. Oh AND for sleeping on the couch whenever I came to visit (; I know Jase looks up to you in so many ways!

Thank you to all my friends for inviting me to do things with them or coming over to keep me company. I'm so blessed to have you all in my life.

Thank you to Jase's friends who stepped up and helped me with Swoon and anything around the house when I needed help. Jase is lucky to have such great friends!

Thank you to Jase's manager for this awesome opportunity and for making it possible for me to fly out and visit my husband. For taking a genuine interest in Jase in order to help him be successful at this job.

Thank you to all the other "summer sales wive's" that were so welcoming and kind to me while I was out visiting. You guys sure made those long days in an apartment much better and I feel so lucky to have met all of you wonderful ladies. Let's stay friends forever.

Lastly, THANK YOU JASE! Thank you for working looooooong hours in the heat and humidity, for working on bettering yourself, for providing for "our family", and for sacrificing so much in order to achieve both your and my goals. This job is a total mind game and I can't tell you how proud I am of you for overcoming the hardships. I've told you since day one that I am your biggest fan and I promise I will continue to be everyday of our lives.

Everyone always asked how I did it? How I was okay being home alone and how I could be away from him for so long? My answer...I just did. I had faith in our decision and because of that I chose to "be okay" with those things. I've learned a lot through this sacrifice, we have been so blessed because of it and I wouldn't trade those lessons and blessings for anything. We are all stronger than we think and I think both Jase and I proved that this summer.

WE ARE SO BLESSED.

Now hurry home Jase (:



No comments:

Post a Comment