Thursday, July 11, 2013

4th of July Weekend

This last week Jase and I took off to go visit our friends and family up north. Getting engaged a week earlier was the perfect excuse to head up there for the holiday so my family could see my ring. We left Thursday morning (Jase worked 10pm to 8 am) so once he was off we made our way up there. We got to BBQ with all of my dads side of the family and then headed to Layton to watch the fireworks there! The 4th of July is one of my favorite days of the year and I was SO excited we ended up going up north to celebrate cause in my opinion...southern Utah can't compete when it comes to the 4th!

Friday we got to go to my mom's parents and pick "our" quilt and tablecloth out. My sweet grandparents quilted enough quilts plus a few, for all of their grandchildren to have when they get married. It was so hard to pick because they were all so beautiful and I was in love with them all since my grandparents had spent so much time quilting them. My grandma also crocheted tablecloths for us all so we got to pick one of those out as well. It was such a great feeling to get to do that. I think Jase appreciated it a lot cause his dad's mom was into quilting and crocheting as well and he said  my grandparents reminded him a lot of his grandparents. I just wanted to give him the biggest hug when he said that cause I know he was close with them both and he misses them a lot.

Then we got to go enjoy SLC and do a little engagement outfit shopping. After that we met up with all of my family and had dinner at The Habit at Station Park in Farmington. It was SO good..if you haven't tried it...GO! I can't believe how big Farmington is getting...there used to be nothing there except Lagoon and now it's like the "new place" to go.

We were going to out first drive-inn movie that night (we have always talked about going) but unfortunately it rained that night.

Jase had to work Saturday night so he only stayed half a day on Saturday then headed home. So grateful that he is such a hard worker but dang sometimes I hate his job (; I caught a ride with a girl from work and stayed to hang out with my fam for another night. I got to babysit Nixon that night. I wouldn't have had it any other way, I love to spend as much time with him as possible whenever I can! He's the cutest boy EVER!



Since he worked til 8 am, I got to drive and he slept



Station Park
Huge sugar cookie from Taggarts that Shay brought me for watching Nix..yum!

2 comments:

  1. I'm really loving your blog, Kristen. You're quite the writer! Thanks for sharing even the simplest of things; it's these things that will be the memories for you to build upon. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks (: Hopefully we have exciting stuff to share and write about often!

      Delete