Tuesday, July 16, 2013

How it all started..


Yesterday marked the 5 year anniversary of when Jase and I met...so I figured I would share how it all happened

{How We Met}

We met the summer before my Junior year of high school and Jase's Senior year of high school.

Every summer since I was 14 I would sign up for EFY with my best friend Kayla. This year we had decided to go to the one at Utah State.

Jase and all of his buddies would always go every summer as well and they usually tried to get in at BYU but this year it was already full so they ended up going up to Utah State.

I remember when Kayla and I got up there and had checked in, we were walking to find our group and there were 2 kids (Jase and his cousin Gordie) sitting against a brick wall by their group and I was thinking to myself "Wow..they look super excited to be here (NOT)."

Jase told me that when he saw us walking towards them he was thinking "Yes, finally we get some cute girls in our group."

But then we kept walking right past them and met up with our group that was next to them.

The week went on and that Tuesday night was the first dance at EFY. Jase's friend Patrick came and asked me to dance and he was such a nice kid. I had seen that him and his friends would just sit in the back corner and not do a whole lot of dancing, so once I got to meet Patrick I decided to go over and talk to the other boys. I told them that they were all lame and should come dance. So finally they came out on the floor, but they just stood there. I at least got them to slow dance so that's when I got to talk more with each of them. When they told me they were from Hurricane I had NO IDEA where that was. They explained it was by St. George and I told them that my family had a condo down there and that I was actually coming down in a couple of weeks because our football team had a game down there. So I told them we should all hang out while I was down and we all exchanged phone numbers.

On our free time, the boys would always go out and throw the football around and I could see them from my room window, so I definitely was keeping my eye on all of them. I even got brave and went out and starting throwing with them (flirting).

The last night of EFY they have another dance and I think Jase and I danced a few times together this time rather than just once.
At the last dance
 The next day before we all headed home we met up and all said goodbye...then Jase and I were texting on the drive home and I don't' really remember how it all came about but they ended up coming over to my house that day to hang out for a little before they drove to SLC to stay at Jase's grandmas house that night.

Our story is pretty cheesy and we usually hate telling people we met at EFY...but we did and I am SO grateful that we met! (Obviously)

We stayed in touch with each other over the years through text, late night phone calls, and we even got to visit each other quite a bit because he always had sports games up in SLC and I would go to St. G with friends whenever we had a break from school. We always knew that we liked each other, but lets be real...we were both in high school and we lived 5 hrs away from each other. I don't think either of us really though that in the end we would end up getting married. We both dated other people and had relationships but in the end we chose each other and even though we had our ups and downs, I wouldn't choose anyone else to call mine for eternity. (:
 
One of the many trips we made to see eachother

5 years later..we have TONS of fun memories together and are about to create a million more! <3

Last time hanging out before his mission
Jase's farewell
When I moved to Dixie
My 19th  birthday
Thriller
4th of July
Jazz game
Golfing
Jase's 23rd birthday
Lake Powell 





1 comment:

  1. OMG~Aren't you two just the CUTEST? And such a wagonload of memories to begin your newest adventure together! I love seeing all the photos and hearing your Tale of Love. xoxox

    ReplyDelete